I. BASIC PROVISIONS
- The International Festival of Sustainable Development Films Ekotopfilm – Envirofilm is organized by MFF Eko, L.t.d. (hereinafter Organizer) in cooperation with the Slovak Environment Agency and other festival partners. The festival objective is to inspire and alter people’s attitude and relationship towards the environment, provide space for open discussion on sustainability of life on our Planet.
- Junior Festival for children and youth is part of the festival, and cooperates with elementary and secondary schools. Environmental education is its key objective.
- 46th festival will be held simultaneously in Bratislava and Banska Bystrica May 27-31, 2019.
- ADMISSION FREE to all events of the festival program.
II. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
- Only entries relevant to the competition categories and produced after January 1, 2017 shall be accepted into the international competition. Participation at other festivals is not a limitation.
- There is no entry fee for the entries. Submission is free of charge. The Organizer shall not pay any screening fees to the Submitter.
- Entry forms must be filled out and submitted through the FilmFreeway platform. Entries must be submitted no later than January 10, 2019. Incomplete entries shall be rejected.
- Submitter must not withdraw the entry from the festival program once officially confirmed by submitting the entry.
- Shipping fees and insurance of any kind of material shall be covered by the Submitter.
- Submitter hereby declares that he or she is a holder of all applicable distribution rights to submitted films and that this submission does not violate property rights of other parties or personal or proprietary copyright of the author or authors of a given film. The Organizer shall not be held liable for possible violations of right resulting from unauthorized submission of a film to the contest.
III. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Entry forms must be filled out and submitted through the FilmFreeway platform, along with all of the necessary items listed below. These items may be uploaded through FilmFreeway or sent directly to email@example.com (when protected, do not forget to state the password).
- Submitted entries must come with the final dialog script with time-code in English language.
- Entries in any other language than Slovak, Czech or English must contain embedded English subtitles.
- Submitter undertakes to send press kit / promotion material – film synopsis, poster, film pictures, trailer, info on film director. You can upload all material via entry form on FilmFreeway. The aforementioned materials shall remain the property of the festival’s archive and shall be used for the film promotion, festival’s catalog, website, and any other festival activities and press releases.
- Technical requirements for film entries: recommended format HD 1080p, codec H.264 or X264, H.265, accepted container AVI, MPG, MPG2, MP4, MOV, WMV, frame rate 24 fps, 25 fps, sound norm EBU-R128 LUFS -24dB, aspect ratio 16:9. The Submitter hereby agrees the Organizer may use maximum 3 minutes of the film entry for festival promotion in any kind of media.
- Non-compliance with the Statute entitles the Organizer to reject the entry from the international contest.
IV. INTERNATIONAL CONTEST
- Selection Commission selects entries for the international contest. The Selection Commission is authorized to reject any entry that does not meet the required technical standards, quality and compliance with the statute or festival relevance.
- Selection Commission selects limited number of films. The Selection Commission is entitled to move the submitted film in other competition category.
- Films selected for the international contest are viewed and evaluated by the International Jury.
- International Jury is entitled to award following prizes :
Grand Prix – Prize of the Slovak Government,
6 main category prizes,
Prize of the International Jury,
and other prizes and acknowledgments.
- Films in the contest shall be screened within festival program.
- Films in the contest shall be considered and evaluated in these categories:
A | Explore Nature – Nature and Natural Science (max 60 min) – Nature and natural science films intended to inform and entertain by creatively exploring ecological systems and their inhabitants (people, flora, fauna). The goal of these films is to show viewers how earth’s inhabitants interact within their environment and how each one attempts to maintain their position and continue to thrive.
B | Success Stories (max 60 min) – Films about how individuals (or groups) have addressed sustainability issues through changes in the attitudes, behaviors of the people involved or technological solutions. Entries should explore any new activities, processes or new technologies that are successfully resolving ecology and quality of life.
C | Current Affairs (max 60 Minutes) – Films about contemporary ecological sustainability issues and crises, and their impact on global or local environment or culture. These issues can be the result of natural events such as climate change, drought, storms, floods, or earthquakes; or the result of human activity, such as population growth, habitat destruction, misuse of natural resources, or waste mismanagement, etc.
D | Shorts (max 15 Minutes )– This category is for short films addressing ecology, natural science, environmental issues and sustainability in thought-provoking and inspiring way. We do not accept public service announcements.
E | Features: Sustainability and Us (60 min and longer) – Films explaining the necessity of global sustainability, inspiring and encouraging to change our attitude and acting towards our Planet Earth.
F | Kids (max 15min) – Films for school age children, those focus on environmental education (recycling, endangered species, endangered environments, nature protection etc.) and develop caring and respectful relationship towards our Planet.
V. FESTIVAL TOUR SHOW
- By submitting the film the Submitter agrees to enter into program Ekotopfilm – Envirofilm Tour without royalty right or screening fees. Ekotopfilm – Envirofilm Tour shall host free screenings of selected films within Slovakia, Czech Republic and Poland.
- Selected films may be used free of charge for non-commercial purposes such as education process.
VI. PERSONAL PARTICIPATION
- Festival budget is limited For personal participation at the festival contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal participation not included within festival program shall be covered by the participant.
VII. FINAL PROVISIONS
- By submitting the film the Submitter agrees to the terms and conditions of the Statute.
Copyright © Ekotopfilm 1974-2018